Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Snail Mail ...

 
Lots of little bits and pieces that can be put together to create the most awesome gift of stationery.
I have had a life long love of papery things and as I've always been an advocate...here's to bringing back handwritten notes and letters before our children don't know how to! I had a teenage son the other day ask me where he should put an address on an envelope! EEEEK!! What a terrible mother I am! But I guess there is no teaching of that at school anymore either now that we are in the computer age?? How sad to deny our kids the joy of receiving a handwritten letter in the mail {other than a bill!} or a beautiful penned note under your pillow when your husband is going on a business trip...So much more lovely than a text....But I guess that is a sign of the times.
I however have an aspiration, and I will continue to claw  myself back to a much simpler life...even if it is by just one piece of handwritten paper at a time... 

2 comments:

  1. Possibly you will be interested in this concept http://theindigovat.blogspot.com.au/2013/06/the-leveret-letters-new-project.html

    Where you child can receive a monthly snail mail story
    No I am not affiliated just think it is an awesome idea
    x te

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so true. It is such a shame the old basic traditions are no longer practices as often. I recently received a postcard in the mail from a friends little girls. It was beautiful.

    ReplyDelete