Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Penelope and Pip

image from Penelope and Pip
" Original illustrations of a world of make believe..."

These are the whimsical creations of Rachael Smith, the clever artist behind the label "Penelope and Pip."

I must say I am obsessed with art prints! There is something about looking at these little characters that warms the cockles of my inner child..:)

I'm starting to collate a bit of a collection in store of various artists, Rachael being one of them. These little prints make beautiful gifts framed or unframed, and the thing that I love about Rachael's is the little story that compliments each picture...This one I'd like to share with you is the story behind the illustration above...

"The bunting was up, her scarf was on to protect her from the little snowy squalls racing around the base of the barren winter trees and sitting next to her was her favourite friend, Pip. "What a beautiful day for a party!" she exclaimed. All that was left to do was to wait for the guests to give them a warm hello...."
.......................................too cute x

1 comment:

  1. I love that print - It is so sweet that they have such cute stories attached :)

    ReplyDelete